Candidates must have a strong understanding of the commercial site development process. Experience in site due diligence, coordination of engineering and design consultants, and the ability to obtain governmental approvals is required. Must have the ability to coordinate multiple development projects simultaneously. Must enjoy fast pace environment.
Critical Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Ability to present projects to and obtain approvals from various governmental boards
- Ability to ascertain and solve development issues early in the development process
- Ability to create and manage budgets and schedules
- Ability to ascertain and solve construction issues early in the construction schedule
- Overall responsibility, through various consultants, to direct the entitlement process along with overseeing the development of all plans and specifications for the construction of retail projects
- Diplomacy skills working with local government representatives
- Ability to manage multiple resources within a given project, adhering to strict deadlines and budgets
- Must be a self starter with excellent communication skills.
- 3-5 years experience in coordinating architects and engineers in development retail projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or a related field; Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Construction Management or City planning with strong retail development experience
- Experience in obtaining all governmental approvals (federal, state and local)
- Knowledge of all site due diligence and evaluation leading up to property acquisition
- Travel Requirement- 25%